DJ Staxx Real name Sakhile Xulu from Molweni, Durban (RSA)…
– started Djing career in 1995
– 2010 opened his venue Casa
– 2016 Phola picnic (Events and tours)
– brand name : KASI KING OF DUR ZA
1. Define your brand in less than 5 words.
– Rooted, authentic, aspirational, integrated
2. Choose one #hashtag that encapsulates your brand.
3. What prompted you to create your brand?
– It all started with my love for music. Music is in every thing I do.
4. What is your brand’s vision?
– To create a global platform that will give the youth in our community a step towards world domination… A place where our global connects can tap into local culture…
5. What is your brand’s mission?
We aim to be in the forefront in driving youth development in the entertainment space, through events and tours
6. What are your brand’s values?
– Honesty, Loyalty, Persistence and a sense of family.
7. What inspires you?
– The success of others before me.
8. If you were to produce a documentary, what would be the focus?
– It would focus on every aspect of my life. Childhood, family, community and how I persevered when things went wrong. I would want it to show my failures and successes equally. I have failed many times, but I keep going…
9. What are you most looking forward to at this time in your life?
– Having about 5 to 10 youngsters to work with who are specialists in various fields and help them see how when United we can all prosper.
10. What is your proudest achievement in life? Why?
– There is a few, but recently turning 40 years old and my business turning 10 years is one of them.
11. What is one challenge that you have faced in life?
– Everything takes longer.
12. How did you solve this challenge?
– Learning to be patient.
13. Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, what happened?
– Always bound to happen, as I’m involved with a number of projects, so one is bound to miss something.
I was once late for a submitting a special event liqour licence for our annual picnic event. This would have been detrimental to the success of the event. Liqour companies can’t sponsor an event without a license.
I was late by a day, so I asked to see the CEO and finally met with a licensing manager who assisted me after a gruelling meeting.
14. What did that experience teach you?
When you meet an obstacle don’t just give up. Kick up dust and you might just get your way through.
15. How do you push ahead in your toughest times?
– My faith in God and prayer. Prayer is a powerful thing, it has power to move mountains, it has power to move people to do things in your favour. My personal stance is to pray always.. in good and bad times.
16. What did that experience teach you?
– Praying centers you. It teaches us that we need God all the time. Hard times sometimes give way for a big blessing. Good times may expose you to a dangerous fall… So I pray always.
17. Do you prefer working solo or in a team?
– I love to work with a team but I often find myself working solo because of lack of funds to hire as many people as I need.
18. What would you like to be remembered for?
– The one who never gave up.
Facebook: Kasi Kings Dur ZA